Saturday, March 28, 2009

New Beginnings...

...each day more gifts of Spring. I finally saw my favorite Spring bird today, the Turkey Vulture. There were several soaring high above the meadow, for me it is now officially Spring. If you find this a strange choice of bird favorites, check out my past blog and see why I have chosen this amazing bird. I usually refer to them as TV's in the sky.
Another gift today was crocuses blooming all over the side yard. I actually plant them in the lawn. They are finished blooming well before the lawn needs mowing, and they remind me of jewels or hidden treasures adorning the still lifeless grass.
I am sorry if I confused anyone with my suggested foliage plants in yesterday's blog. Hosta, Brunnera and Epimedium are three separate Genera. Brunnera pronouned brun er ruh is the plant that the deer don't eat. Several species are available including Brunnera macrophylla 'Looking Glass', Brunnera macrophylla 'Variegata', and (my favorite) Brunnera macrophylla 'Jack Frost'. A few years ago, before I started using Bonide - Repel's All, the deer had eaten all my Hostas and the only plant left uneaten was the Brunnera macrophylla 'Jack Frost'.
I am so grateful for each blessed gift of Spring.

1 comment:

Wanda..... said...

That would be me that misunderstood...glad you pointed it out...I took several photos of 2turkey vultures earlier this morning...gracefully gliding just overhead.

The Deerly Beloved

The Deerly Beloved
Garden Flowers-Yum!!!