Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pink Flamingos...

I love Pink Flamingos, no not the small plastic ones sometimes seen decorating lawns or gardens. But, real Pink Flamingos, the one that can be found in zoos, TV documentaries, or in Florida at the race track. I apologize if I offend any Pink Plastic Flamingos enthusiasts but, personally I find them somewhat tacky. I guess that is their job.
Therefore, my husband was somewhat astonished to hear me say that I had purchased and was coming home with a Pink Flamingo. While attending a Flower Show in Toronto, with my garden club,I spied a Pink Flamingo. Mind you not just any Pink Flamingo but, an eight feet tall Pink Flamingo. A Pink Flamingo with Panache. I bought it, and thankfully it came in two pieces or I wouldn't have been able to bring it home on the bus.
My house sits on a hill about 1/10th of a mile from the road, so if my Pink Flamingo was to be seen by the passing public, it needed to be at least eight feet tall. I placed "Pinky" in my grass garden and planned to leave it there for only a short period of time, and then donate it to a Pink Flamingo Fan. However, when I looked out my window the first day of Pinkys' decorating my garden, I knew it would have to remain, at least for the summer. Pinky became the perching site of nesting blue birds, when they were looking for food.

1 comment:

Wanda..... said...

If the Bluebirds like your Pink Flamingo...I would have left it there too. They perch on top of our gazebo while surveying the property. Thanks for your following!

The Deerly Beloved

The Deerly Beloved
Garden Flowers-Yum!!!