Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My worst gardening problem is...

...definitely not weeds in the garden. That doesn't mean I that I don't get weeds in my garden(s), of course I do. But, the bigger problem is that I can't just go out and look or admire my gardens, I HAVE TO WEED them. Not only my gardens, but friends gardens, public gardens, private gardens, etc. I have this compulsion to pull out/up weeds. Especially "weeds" like AEgopodium (bishop's-weed, goutweed), Alliaria officinalis (garlic mustard) and even Taraxacum offinicale (common dandelion). I really make a conscientious effort not to pull them up. After all what is a weed, except a plant that grows where it isn't wanted.
I try to wear my gardening gloves whenever I go into my yard, and have them handy when visiting friends, public and private gardens. I never know when that urge will strike.
The greatest gardening gloves tomorrow...

4 comments:

Wanda..... said...

I've been guilty of the same thing in a flower bed at my son's home...Dandelions are pretty in the field when in bloom...just wish they would stay away from the garden...can't wait to see what garden gloves you recommend.

Bernie said...

I wish I had your knowledge of plants than I could relate more to your problem. I have to admit there are only a few weeds I recognize and will pull. the others I am not sure are not suppose to be there, except when a friend visits and tells me "those are weeds" Looking forward to seeing pictures of your garden, I so love plants, flowers and gardens, just not something I am very good at doing. Love being informed, sincerely:)

Deerfriend said...

I must agree that a field of Dandelions is beautiful and a great photo op, however garlic mustard and bishop weed aren't so pretty and are very invasive. I will do more posts on, some of the things I have learned about "weeds".

Deerfriend said...

Thank you for your comments Bernie, I tried to leave a comment on your Post yesterday but...I will keep trying. Smiley faces to you too.

The Deerly Beloved

The Deerly Beloved
Garden Flowers-Yum!!!