Sunday, May 17, 2009

Yesterday was a most...

...unusual day. It rained off and on all day. I truly wanted to accomplish some gardening tasks, but each time the rain stopped and I assembled my gardening tools...the rain returned. Finally I decided to just stop trying and do sometime else. Then the sun came out. So, instead of gardening I grabbed my camera and went in search of photo opportunities. It didn't take long to find a few fun and funny things to photograph.

This little Chickadee seemed to be having a really Bad Hair Day. Actually it had been bathing in a shallow stream of water and was trying to groom itself when I found this photo op.
I continued photographing for about an hour and then returned home. On the balcony I observed a gray squirrel on the "Squirrel Proof Feeder". When I approached him he climbed down and gave me a look that seemed to say...

...Why are you looking at me? I didn't do anything, it wasn't me on the Bird Feeder, it must have been someone that resembled me. You can't prove a thing, I"m innocent, you believe me don't you?

4 comments:

Bernie said...

Hello deerly beloved, I loved your pictures today especially the squirrel. I need some of your discipline. I am blessed to have a lovely camera but always forget to take it with me. Think I'll place it near my front door to remind me. Have a wonderful Monday my friend....:) Bernie

Wanda..... said...

I love chickadees...This one looks like he used way too much hair gel...and that squirrel does look guilty...you captured wonderful photos of them...Hope you have a great day Joan!

Deerfriend said...

Thank you Bernie, by all means keep your camera with you, everywhere. I have such a passion for photography. I never walk out the door without my camera or my cell phone (it has a camera too). You just never know what opportunities await. Your comments are so special,I truly look forward to them...warm fuzzies:)

Deerfriend said...

Thank you Wanda, I look forward to your comments, it makes blogging worthwhile.
We really share so many of the same loves...grandchildren, photography and gardening.
I am grateful that I began this blogging journey, it has bought me cherished new friends. Warm fuzzies:)

The Deerly Beloved

The Deerly Beloved
Garden Flowers-Yum!!!