Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ring around the rosies...

...a pocket full of posies. I have always loved that poem, and the little dance that we did, as we sang it. Last week a friend gave me a very special gift, a real pocket full of posies. She purchased the "pocketbook" which is covered with moss, and added the posies. The sweet little bluish purple pansies couldn't be prettier.
The gardens are becoming very lush. The rains and now warmer weather has everything growing, almost before my eyes. Fortunately this year I have been able to keep up with the weeding. I even started a compost bin. In the past I didn't bother doing one for fear the bears and other critters would just disturb it, but so far they haven't. In addition to clippings, weeds and pruned items I have also added fruit peels, coffee grounds, and veggies leftovers. However, it will probably be several years before good compost is available.
Happy gardening...

2 comments:

Bernie said...

I have such lovely memories playing that game. How nice of your friend to remember you with posies, there is something special about this flower, innocents I think. How wonderful everything is beginning to bloom in your area, and you are certainly doing your part keeping it green by composting. Hugs my friend:-)

Wanda..... said...

Good morning Joan...it is a wonderful time of year...even the weeding brings joy...That is a lovely gift of flowers your friend gave you...the moss makes it so special...I make something a little similar in a large wooden bowl draped with moss...I plant minature fern and baby cedar tree sprouts...and anything else that catches my eye...add a fairie, a clam shell pond...it's nature in a bowl...Enjoy your day...Take care!

The Deerly Beloved

The Deerly Beloved
Garden Flowers-Yum!!!