Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tiny flowers...

...bring Great Joy!!! I have been ill for the past few days, and still not feeling fit, I needed to be outside. The sun is shining and it is warm, from the windows I can see that the Spring bulbs are growing and starting to bud. Warm breezes brush my face, birds singing caress my ears, what could be healthier? I begin wandering throughout the yard, checking each garden. Daffodil, Virginia Blue Bells, Allium, tiny leaves of Bleeding Heart, wee buds of double Blood Root, each discovery exciting, like finding floral jewels. As I wander near the woods, I am surprise to find Hepatica acutiloba blooming, it is another Son before Father plant in which the flowers bloom before the leaves. Near the Hepatica another plant is blooming, one from a bulb planted in the fall, it is called Wolfbane. Amazing what a few tiny flowers can do to heal a gardener...

3 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Sorry to hear you have been ill...I have been wondering in the woods looking at the small wild flowers too...Dutchman's Breeches,the Wood Anemones and Violets...Take care and hope you feel completely well very soon!

Bernie said...

Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well, I do hope you are back to your healthy self soon. Rest, lots of fluids and enjoy your flowers, they are lovely, Bernie

Deerfriend said...

Thank you Wanda and Bernie,
I had a violent stomach flu, that caused vomiting and diarrhea, continually for 7 hours. Once that stopped I sipped Gator Aide and Ginger Ale.
Slowly returning to good health. Your advice and kind thoughts are appreciated so much. You are both very special women!!!

The Deerly Beloved

The Deerly Beloved
Garden Flowers-Yum!!!