Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Getting there...

The temperature is 66 degrees Fahrenheit, the snow is melting, but there is still about 2 feet covering the ornamental grasses. March is the time to give the grasses a buzz cut, so as soon as I can find them I will cut them back, to about 8 inches. Yesterday there was an Robin in the Walnut tree. My husband and I took a walk to the swamp, and in the meadow near the swamp, we saw a large flock of Robins. They flew up to the Sumac Trees and began eating the berries. The snows have melted in the town park and a cacophony of returning Spring bird songs could be heard.
The Mallards, that managed to find food and open water, and didn't migrate are now clothed in Spring feathers. In honor of St. Patrick's day I guess you might say this Mallard Male is wearing the "Green".

No comments:

The Deerly Beloved

The Deerly Beloved
Garden Flowers-Yum!!!