Thursday, March 19, 2009

Counting the days...

Until I can dig in the dirt once again, until I can rake up the tons of shells from eaten sunflower seeds. Until I rake the leaves which mulched the tender perennials. Until I can put down new cedar mulch around trees, shrubs and walk ways. Until I can prune, clip, trim, mow, rake, hoe, weed, bemoan animal and insect infestation, and garden again. I really do love every minute of it because, just when I think, maybe I should just "forget about it", a new bud, shoot, leaf or bloom catches my eye, and I give thanks to a loving Creator for the beauty and magnificence of another glorious gift, and the ability to still kneel down and give thanks and garden again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely respite from my desk!!

The Deerly Beloved

The Deerly Beloved
Garden Flowers-Yum!!!