Tuesday, February 24, 2009

After many years, I have finally learned that if I want flowers in my gardens, I need to plant plants that deer won't eat. The plants in my gardens are now prickly, poisonous, stinky or gray-green and fuzzy. I only put perennial plants in my garden. They are the most cost effective, the first year "they sleep", the second year "they creep" and the third year "they leap". Some of the prickly plants are Eryngium (Sea Holly) and Echinops (Globe Thistle) the poisonous are Digitalis (Fox Glove) both the biennial and perennial and Aconitum (Monkshood) , stinky ones include Fritillaria lutea (Crown Imperial) and many kinds of herbs and the gray-green and fuzzy include Stachys grandiflora (Lambs Ear) and Salivai argenta (Silver Sage).
An ornamental grass garden is my newest garden. More about that and my "best weapon" tomorrow.

No comments:

The Deerly Beloved

The Deerly Beloved
Garden Flowers-Yum!!!