Sunday, June 21, 2009

What a difference a day...

...makes, and what difference a week makes. I "retired" a few years ago, but volunteer at an Art Museum, as a docent, doing tours for elementary school children. My business as a Nature Photographer keeps me fairly busy, and I am a member of an Artist Co-op in Old Forge, New York. As a member we share time working at the shop. However, this past week was very serendipitous, and one exciting event after another kept occurring.
I learned about and became a staff member of a fairly new Nature Center, and will possibly be doing some field guides, using my photos. The Nature Center does tours for elementary school children. Hiking, Mountain Biking, Cross Country Skiing and Snow Shoeing are just a few of the exciting things offered at the Center.
Life is good... and exciting and fun and I am very, very grateful.

5 comments:

Bernie said...

You sound so happy and contented my dear friend. I think it's because you are doing something you love and feeling productive. I am so happy for you. Have a great Monday....:-) Bernie

Wanda..... said...

Good morning Joan...sounds like you have found the perfect position for yourself...both something you love and of value to others...

I knew you were a Nature Photographer from previous posts and sites that you have listed on your sidebar...but not a tour quide at a museum...and now this wonderful post at a nature center...you do lead a full productive busy life Joan...but it would sadden me not to have your blog posts to look forward to...I so appreciate seeing them pop up on my reader!
Take care!
Wanda

Deerfriend said...

Thank you Bernie, indeed I am verrry happy and contented. And it is such a blessing to share good news with such caring friends. Hope that your day is filled with great joy!!!=D and many "WF's".

Deerfriend said...

Thank you Wanda, I am trying very hard to keep up with my blog, it was through this blog that I have met You, Bernie and several other wonderful women, who share our love of Nature, Gardening and Photography. I look forward to reading and sharing your magnificent gardens and photography through your blogging. And to delight in your wonderful adventures with your children and grandchildren. Warm Fuzzies=D

Aly Beth said...

This was really nice to read!

The Deerly Beloved

The Deerly Beloved
Garden Flowers-Yum!!!