Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The deer that sleep...

...in our meadow, that forage on our lawn, that bring new born fawns to frolic in our meadow, are welcome, now. Now, that they sleep, eat and play within our yard and not in our gardens, especially the eat part. The Repels All Spray and Granules that I have been using since March are really working and thus the deer are now really beloved. So far the Repels All is also keeping the ground hog, and various bugs from devouring our plants too.
I began my new position on Staff at a local Outdoor Educational Center and now I'm trying to maintain balance in my life. I've been "Retired" for several years and now I'm re-learning that juggling act of keeping all parts of my life in sync.
I want to share some of the garden, through my photos. It is such a joy to see Hostas, Sedum and other plants that are growing, thriving and lovely. I am not including names, common or botanical, because I don't want to look through my files for correct identification tonight. But, will upon request.
Next blog I want to share a magnificent new gardening tool, which I just purchased. I weeded 3 large and 1 small gardens today within an hour, using this incredible tool. Talk soon.

4 comments:

Bernie said...

You and Wanda are so blessed to have fawns visiting you. It must bring you great joy to be able to watch them play and I am glad they don't eat your garden.
Congratulations on your new position, enjoy!
Looking forward to your pictures.
......:-) Hugs

Wanda..... said...

I can't wait to see the new tool you've discovered...Next year I will be getting the Repells All product, are the granules themselves enough to keep the deer away or do you still spray the plants too...I still have a small amount of the liquid fence left...which I spray on...In your new garden photos the plants look very lush and healthy!
Take care and enjoy your new activities!

Deerfriend said...

Thank you Bernie,
Sorry I haven't been posting, our Grandchildren have been here visiting and the days seem to disappear so quickly.
Thank you, I can't believe how blessed I am to be able to work at something I love soooooo much.

Deerfriend said...

Wanda, I will be sure and do a post on the new tool, next blogging. It is amazing!!!
And yes, Repel's All comes in both granules and spray. I apply the spray early, even before the snow has melted. Then I spray each plant, and the plants' new growth. It is so amazing to be able to enjoy the many foliage plants and day lilies that I planted but, were eaten before they even had a chance to mature.
Thank you and many warm fuzzies =D

The Deerly Beloved

The Deerly Beloved
Garden Flowers-Yum!!!