Monday, June 1, 2009

A few of the best plants...

that I never planted. The rock garden is above a wonderful rock wall which is now a garden itself. Within the nooks and crannies of the wall, many sedums and alpine plants now reside.
When we were in Italy, last May, we visited several fortified medieval cities, among them San Marino and Assisi. Those walls contained wonderful alpine plants, which I found fascinating.
Two of the many plants that are now residing within my garden walls are Papaver alpinum, Alpine Poppy and Corydalis lutea. (sorry but I don't know the common name of the Corydalis) The "parent plant" of the Corydalis is in the rock garden above the wall, and has provided seed for a least 6 of the "wall plants". The "parent plant" of the Poppy is gone now but its seed produced the wonderful specimen now growing within the wall. Sometimes the most delightful plants are those that plant themselves.

3 comments:

Deerfriend said...

Wanda, I have been using digital cameras since 2003. After much research, I found the Panasonic Lumix Camera to fulfill all of my needs. I love taking macro photos and also enjoy tele-macro, the Panasonic Lumix offers both. I started in 2003 with a 4m and moved up to 6m, 7m, and now using 8m(model no. DMC-FZ18) They also offer a 10m. The 8m has a 18x optical zoom and an extended zoom 72x. With a 2g SD card I can shoot 490 at best quality and I can also shoot RAW and RAW/jpeg. The rechargeable battery last for at least 400 photos. The best part is that the Panasonic Lumix comes with a LECIA lens. I do business with B&H out NYC. Check them out online.The camera sells for about $300.00plus. My old cameras are being used by our Grandkids.

Bernie said...

My deerfriend, I can't pronouce the names of your flowers but they are pretty and after reading your comment to Wanda I realize I don't know anything about cameras either, but I do enjoy your pictures. I will just pop over and learn something new each day, love your post.....:-) Hugs

Wanda..... said...

Hello Joan...I have been so busy with out of state relatives visiting, gardening and dance recitals that I am just now catching up with blogging...Thank you so much for taking the time to leave the camera information...I will copy and keep it...I have a fairly decent camera...just wish it were even better sometimes.

Your rock garden and wall must be beautiful...volunteer plants are nice surprises.

The Deerly Beloved

The Deerly Beloved
Garden Flowers-Yum!!!